Walking





Walking

I know now that I have the blessings of God even though I've had times in my life that I did not walk closely with Him. It proves to me that He alone knows what is is in my heart, even when I don't. The words I've spoken in anger and sometimes even rage He covered; my actions that look like the depravity in the world; He covered. And even today at 54 years of age I am still able to walk in my flesh and not in His Spirit and that too, He covers. I recognize and know I still am in this journey and I sometimes wonder " Will I ever have victory over these things I struggle with daily... My irritability and quick on the draw with unkind words tossed in the air like flaming arrows that seek to take down all in their path. My humanity so fragile, HIS SPIRIT SO STRONG. Come Holy Spirit fill me, consume me, overtake me until my walk looks like His.

Galatians 5:16 I say then walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Deuteronomy 6: 1-5
Now this is the commandment, and these are the statutes and judgments which the Lord your God has commanded to teach you, that you may observe them in the land which you are crossing over to possess, that you may fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the Lord God of your fathers has promised you-'a land flowing with milk and honey' Hear O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all you heart, with all you soul, and with all your strength.
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way when you lie down, and when you rise up...

Blessings, Terry


Comments

  1. Mom~ you are my biggest encourager besides my husband... I love to read your blog... I love to see all the seeds you planted in me still being planted. love you oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift