Down The Road We Go



How sweet of Jesus to come back to earth for 40 days after He was killed to reassure his friends that all was well and would continue to be Ok.

Last week my sweetheart left this world to join Jesus and all the others who have entered His glory and presence. My heart is aching. I now don't have to imagine what Peter, John and the rest must have felt  when Jesus was no longer walking down the road with them...  Mike and I were one, and for the last 3.5 years we were hardly ever apart. When you are with a person like this you learn so much about them and become so intimately connected. So when all of a sudden they leave us, our existence changes and will never be the same. But God.... Yes God, our sweet Father has sent us comfort in the Holy Spirit; and not comfort only but power! Acts 1:8  

And now my focus changes from being one with Mike to being one with the Father. In John 17 starting in verse 6 Jesus says "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. For I have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.  I pray for them." (how sweet, Jesus prays for us) verse 11 "Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are." Yes Father it is my desire to become so intimate with you and serve You all the days of my life.

I don't know what this will look like, my being one with them instead of Mike but I do know I have a purpose and God has called me to walk with Him; so down the road we go, and day by day He will reveal His will to me. So all in all just as I had to ask for His eyes to see what He sees and for His heart to serve my husband, I now will continue to ask for Him to fill me so full of Himself each day that His love overflows to those around me. There is a song by Brandon Heath (it was me and Mike's favorite)  "Give me your eyes" It speaks my heart for God.

Another thought, "Jesus wept" I have many tears right now and so the comforter comes to tell me "you are not alone" 

Oh Abba Father (Daddy) I love you and I know I am your little girl and there is nothing You won't help me with so I trust in You! 

Blessings, Terry

Scripture References: Acts 1; John 6-26
John 16:7 (the whole ch. is amazing)
Picture Title: "Down The Road We Go"
Taken by: Terry

Comments

  1. that might be the most beautiful picture I have ever seen!~ I love you Mom and I am with you every step of the way~ your faith is inspiring and I know God has great plans for you on this next road... love you more than you know!~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift