Choose Me


Choose Me

Don't let my weakness 
Hide me

On the stage of my world
Show off your strength

Where all can see
And be drawn to you

Your amazing love
Captures our heart

Take away shyness
This fear of the world

And catapult me forward
Turning my weakness to strength

For when I am weak 
You show yourself strong

Keep my heart humble
To fear only you

To walk in your knowledge 
And bask in your truth

Choose me in my weakness
 Show yourself mighty 

 When the world calls out to me
I'll walk the other way

But when I hear the voice of wisdom
I will run toward her

Pour out your Spirit Lord
And cover me with your strength

You've chosen me in my weakness
It is here I'm made strong

Just one glance

Just one touch

Just one word


Beloved, 
  Let us not give the devil credit for our limitations that actually come from God. When Moses couldn't speak with confidence God said to him "...who has made mans mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing or the blind? Have not I, the Lord. 
(Exodus 4:11 NKJV)

 Paul tells us in (1 Corinthians 1:26-31 MSG) "Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don't see many of "the brightest and the best" among you, not many influential, not many from high-society families. Isn't it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these "nobodies" to expose the hollow pretensions of the "somebodies"? That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with the blowing your own horn before God. Everything that we have - right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start- comes from God by way of Jesus Christ..."

 And lastly in (Hebrews 11:33-34 NKJV) there is an account of many "who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens." And all these people were ordinary people just like you and I. 

Bless y'all, 
Terry




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift