How Many Weapons Do You Have

How Many Weapons Do You Have

I've wondered lately why it seems I hear from God so much on the subject of battles, warnings, difficult situations and now just this morning on what weapon is needed to fight this battle I've found myself in.

I didn't have to wonder long before 2 Corinthians 10:4 popped up in my spirit. "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal..." BUT, BUT, are you ready? 'Cause here comes the answer... "but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds. Ok fine, so let's answer first, what is a stronghold? The dictionary says - stronghold is "A well fortified place; fortress - then I checked out synonyms and I saw the word "keep" so I ask, what is it that keeps me in these chains all bound up this time? Ah ha, I have failed to stay "focussed on Him" He says He will keep me in perfect peace when I do. Sounds easy enough, right?

Well not for me, I find myself exhausted, confused and thinking whether or not I even have weapons with which to fight, and if I do then why don't I have the skills to use them; you know why? Because I don't! The reason is obvious, it's because the weapons I've laid out are CARNAL, and not effective for the spiritual battle I'm in.

For I'm not wrestling against flesh and blood but against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in high places (these are actual spirits hosting wickedness in high places) I need to get this, first and foremost I have to keep my mind STAYED On Him, to enter into peace.

 I propose, that our first weapon is PEACE 

I would like for you to go with me to Ephesians where Paul tells the Ephesians, (and us) if you are a believer, what we need for the battle.

Ephesians 6:13
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day (this is that morning you wake up and realize this thing feels like it's gonna take me down, it's a stronghold) and having done all, to stand. Stand (in your peace, remember your mind has to be stayed on Him) having girded your waist with truth, (get the scriptures flowing) having put on the breastplate of righteousness, (your heart washed in Jesus blood) and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; (put on your peace shoes, walk toward others and tell them what He's doing for you) above all taking the shield of faith, (believe even if you can't see it yet) with which you WILL be able to quench the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God...

WOW - Thank you Lord, Thank you for helping us, stopping us in our tracks and reminding us if we are not at peace, our mind is not stayed on You. And we need every piece of armor you've designed for us.

I love you Lord Jesus, thank you for revealing to Paul what weapons we need to  win our battles in this place. We look forward to your return Jesus and we love you!

Bless Y'all,
Terry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift