Advent is Here
Do you ever just feel 6 years old? I did this morning when I came back to Advent...When I cuddled up on the couch after Russell had gone... advent together every morning is so special but do you remember being a kid?... longing for time... just you and daddy?... for me it was 5 kids, me being the second youngest, and the youngest girl, and there were times I just wanted to be alone with my daddy, just me and daddy...sitting together, being together, with no other... but him and me. And when I returned this morning to the advent reading and started singing silent night, it became silent, and I visited the hillside with the stars shining bright... it felt like a holy place, calm in the twilight under the bright stars and I was being called to come...✨come and be... just me and Him🌟Higher Places
Higher Places Your ways oh Lord are high, keep my foot from slipping. Beautiful is the climb that leads to you oh God I'm pressing in, I'm pressing hard to reach you, surrendering all Help me oh God of Jacob Help me to trust enough to place my child on the altar you've instructed me to build. Help me lead her to the place of complete, utter confidence that you oh God have the plan and the sacrifice, t he perfect unblemished lamb Surrendering our children to God is a lifelong task, never completed until we are truly able to gather the wood and climb that mountain of obedience, with their hand in ours. It's a time where if we think to hard we'll just turn and go back... only to experience the defeat of a lifetime. God knows how precious is a son or daughter , He knows how truly difficult it is to take our hands off, when everything in us has been given to their...

Comments
Post a Comment