Light in the Darkness



I grew up thinking holiness was reserved for priests and nuns.

I see the danger of this thinking is that we
conform more and more to the world because holiness is unattainable; or not even considered as a goal to be desired or even thought about. However the opposite is true in God's word. "..Be holy, for I am holy" First Peter 1:16. So I have to conclude it is possible.

How do we become holy? Let's read what Peter had to say... beginning in   1Peter 1:13-16  "Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope freely upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not
conforming yourselves to the former lust, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, "Be holy for I am holy." 

I see the world getting darker and darker and yet the contrast between light (holiness) and darkness (the worlds way) is less and less.

I feel blessed to have been snatched from the world and believe it was divine intervention to get my attention. Having to care for my husband was the good in  a bad situation. For years I had to focus on God just to get me from one day (sometimes one minute) to the next. And when he went to heaven I was stunned when I saw how dark the world had become in my absence.

So now although others may think I'm strange, my goal is to stay focused on Him (my God). I want to continue meeting with Him every morning. And my greatest desire is to become like Him.

I wonder, how bright does light have to shine in darkness to see the path that will lead to a destination of peace, joy, and destiny? I want to be a light that  can shine with love, His love. I want to be available to all who God trusts me with.

I believe we can be holy or He wouldn't have commanded it! Amen? Amen!


Blessings, Terry

Scripture Reference: 1 Peter 1:13-16

Picture taken By: Terry
Picture title: "Light"

Comments

  1. I love your blog. You have inspired me to make a blog of my own. We will be blog buds!

    Terry you're the first person I think of when the fall leaves began to change color. I know how much you love the fall and you're changing life represents the changing colors of the leaves in fall.

    Love you my fall and all other seasons friend.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too Carol, my first gardening bud! Thanks for your love!

      Terry

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift