Where oh where has my Country gone...

Oh beautiful for spacious skies...


For amber waves of grain...



For Purple mountains majesty...

Above the fruited plains....




America, America, God shed His

Grace on thee...

We all know this song, or should I say every American used to know this song and every time we heard it played great emotion and patriotism would stir in ones heart.

But this morning while reading Gods word I was saddened to have awaken this morning and not recognize the country I have loved and been faithful to.

Furthermore I don't recognize my fellow countrymen... have we all become so numb that we don't hurt for anyone or anything unless it affects us personally?


In Isaiah 1:2  

Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth! 
For the Lord has spoken:
"I have nourished and brought up 
children, And they have rebelled
against Me;....

1:4 

Alas, sinful nation, 
A people laden with iniquity,
A brood of evildoers, 
Children who are corrupters!
They have forsaken the Lord,
They have provoked to anger 
The Holy One of Israel,
They have turned away backward.

And it goes on and on with a description that brings tears to my eyes. Why, you ask? Because although this scripture written by Isaiah around 700 years before Christ is making reference to Israel, it describes my America the land that I love today!

Please take a moment to read on with me in Isaiah.

Picking up in verse 7

Your country is desolate,
Your cities are burned with fire;
Strangers devour your land in your 
presence;
And it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers...

verse 9

Unless the Lord of hosts
Had left to us a very small 
remnant,
We would have become like 
Sodom,
We would have been made like 
Gomorrah.

As I read these verses it became more and more apparent to me how closely this resembles America; well actually the world, in it's present state. It seems in a blink of an eye there has been a shift and I shake my head and close my eyes and open them only to realize it really is happening. The world is entering into a place I've never seen or been before. And it seems that most everyone is sleeping and not even aware of what is taking place.

But having said all this I would also like for us to realize what is going on in the world is not something we need to put our focus on because Gods word is pretty plain to have filled us in on what to expect. Instead when I wake up in the morning I am going to spend time with my Father over coffee and listen to him tell me what He sees I could best use this day for.  I have a very loving Father that is in total control and I'm set on following Him. And we can be the calm for others in the storms they are facing. It just takes one to show love and I am that one, are you? 

I want to  believe we can do it, just by committing to what Isaiah says in verse 16-19. "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes..." I want to honor and serve my brethren here in my country ,the land that I love...

 II Chronicles 7:14:
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" 

Oh precious Heavenly Father, forgive us and heal our land. Help us see our sisters and brothers who are sad or overwhelmed and give us your heart to love them. Amen

Blessings, Terry




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift