A Gift


A Gift

I believe God made me to be a champion
To run 
And not be weary
To walk and not faint

Yet just like the grinch there is my other self 
Who wants to run
Run to the top of a mountain
Away from the world
Where no one can hurt me
Or remind me of my mistakes and weaknesses

Why am I so afraid
Why at times do I want to run and hide

I believe God uses my life and everything I face
To challenge me to a race
Not the kind of race the world runs
But rather one that pushes me to run 
To run toward a destiny so wonderful so fulfilling 
I cannot even begin to imagine

It's the da ta da of life when the drape is removed
To reveal the most precious and beautiful gift 
 I've ever received

I believe if I could have been a shepherd 
And gotten to lay my eyes on sweet Jesus
I would understand in a different realm
or would I...

One thing I know for sure though 
Is this

I was made to run with arms open wide
Wind blowing through my hair
With eyes lifted and mouth praising 
Praising the One who died to give me life without fear...

A life of courage and love for fuel
HE came to set the captive free
Me

Thank you for this gift
Thank you Jesus 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift