Pupil, Learner, Disciple

Pupil ~ Learner ~ Disciple

May I encourage you to keep digging down deep
So that when your foundation is poured
You will be able to stand when the storm comes
And the torrent bursts

No matter what size of storm comes
Or
When the torrent bursts against you my child 
You will not be moved
You will not run away
But will stand fast against this enemy,this one that is trespassing 

The older I get
The deeper I realize I need to dig 
 So that my foundation will support me 
When the storms Come

Teach me Lord
To be a learner, a pupil, 
Your disciple

I place myself under your instruction
You are my teacher
I want to be fully trained
Repaired and restored
By your touch

Thank You Father, I am yours
Terry

Scriptures I referenced

Luke 6:40
A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher.

Luke 6:47-48
Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.

Ephesians 6:13
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Note: To stand in this context means to stand fast against an enemy as opposed to "run away"
(Taken from the - Hebrew Greek Key Word Study Bile NASB)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift