Learn, Desire Love

I'm so inadequate at loving

I need a breakthrough
I need to have victory
To be able to put others first

To take my focus off myself and look at those around me

When my husband died
I began feeling very needy

Self focused

Yet alongside of it all
A deep desire to find God was arising inside my being

To find Him

To see Him

Then to my heart He spoke these words 

"I'm right here"
"I've always been right here"
"It's time"
"It's time to see Me"
"To walk hand in hand"
"You are my disciple"
"You have given the one thing I've asked for"
"Your heart"

Then He gave me Russell
Since that time
It's been like walking with Jesus
Watching Russell love and serve me and others
Never looking to satisfy himself

I'm learning I have a strong desire to love that way
The way Russell allows Jesus to love others through himself 

Jesus is in me 
And
I too can Love unselfishly

Bless everyone of us as we learn a more perfect way
A way to LOVE like He did

Terry

1John 2:5 NKJV
But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift