The Solid Rock

My daughters' bring me rocks when they go places!
These beautiful rocks are from Haiti
There is an old hymn that goes like this "On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."

I believe more than ever the ground all around us is sinking and we need to find the "Rock" to stand on. I know when I am standing on a rock, it is solid and unmovable. When walking on the sand in Kauai I found myself sinking and fell to the ground, in my wedding dress! It was not stable ground and is a very good picture of what can happen when we get off the firm foundation of trusting God.   

Matthew 7:24-25
"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house..." and I love what happened next. "...and it did not fall for it was founded on the rock..."Each one of us are "houses" so to speak. If we stand "on the rock" Jesus, we will not fall. So I wonder, what does falling look like? If I choose to step down from the rock and onto sand? I think Matthew says it all.

Matthew 7:26-27
"But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." The word foolish is an action word and means "resulting from of showing a lack of sense; unwise; lacking forethought or caution." 

I'm reminded of a choice I made to disobey God. He told me to get rid of a cross necklace. He knew it was keeping me chained to my past and that it would eventually cause sickness in my body.I wore that necklace until one night when He woke me up and said "Take off the cross necklace." I tried to rationalize why I should keep it. Now I know after the fact that I am not as smart as Him. How could I willfully disobey what He asked me to do?

It was at this point I remembered we do not fight against flesh and blood. Ephesians 6:12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" I love how the Message bible puts it "God is strong, and He wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple hours. This is for keeps, a life or death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels." Did you know the devil has angels? Demonic forces are real and God wants us to have everything we need to be victorious to stand against their schemes! Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper...

There is one thing I know for sure, My Rock is Jesus and on Him I'll stand!

 I have cleaned house, and I'm giving away all those things God told me to get rid of. Praise God I am victorious!

Blessings, Terry

Just a note to my readers: The cross and other things God asked me to get rid of were things connected to my husbands' death, memories that were painful. Once I obeyed a heaviness lifted off my spirit. I am not saying everyone should do the same, but for me it was necessary to walk out of the darkness of grieving and into the light of what God had for my future.

Scripture References: 
Matthew 7:24-27
Ephesians 6:12
Isaiah 54:17

Picture Title: The Solid Rock
Taken By: My Daughter Alicia
Location of Picture: Haiti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift