My True North


My True North

A tribute to My God


Oh God you are the morning star. 
My true north, that keeps my heart straight. 
You are my anchor when my boat is out to sea, 
and the tempest rises and falls violently. 

Although my ship may break apart in pieces, 
you are there, walking upon the waves,
and You come to me. 

I'm never alone in the darkest of nights. 
Nor in the bright and glorious morn. 
You are constant, never far off. 
You always hear my cry and never fail to answer.

You came to me in the dark of the night
when I couldn't even see 
my hand before my eyes.

The silence of nighttime on the oceans of life 
can be lonely and still. But You are there; 
Stirring up the seas and bringing forth motion, 
purpose, and destiny.

You ride upon the wind that is blind to me.
Your spoken word can crumble nations,
or cause them to stand when outnumbered.

Who can know the power of God Almighty?  
 Who can understand such love and mercy,
 poured out on sinful man? 

It's His mercy and goodness.
 His love for mankind.

 He had a dream. 
He saw a beautiful land,
filled with grass, flowers and trees.
With massive bodies of water to hold life
gleaming with every color that would ever be

And He saw you ~ And He saw me 

Blessings, Terry



Scripture References

Revelation 22:16 NKJV
" ...I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."

Psalm 18:6 NKJV
In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears.

Hebrews 4:14-16 MSG
Now that we know what we have-Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to god-let's not let it slip through our fingers. We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all-all but sin. So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.

Picture Title: "True North"
Taken by: Terry
Location: Kauai  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift