The Iris The Hollyhocks and Lilies


The roaring waves came crashing over me

But my God is the breaker of them all

Does your soul long for Him

*"The Lord on high is mightier and more glorious than the noise of many waters..."

He comes like a slow soaking rain that waters my soul
 Yes 
He waters my soul and brings new life into my whole being

Look 
The Iris 
The Hollyhocks
 And lilies 
Are sprouting up through the tares of life
 Crowding out the stealers of peace

These tares will not take me over  

 My Jesus 
He is mighty to save

 My God 
He is the redeemer and giver of life
 Sweet life 

He is my helper 
And will carry every burden I place upon His shoulders 
His promises are sure 

*"The Lord on high is mightier and more glorious than the noise of many waters; yes than the mighty breakers and waves of the sea."

He stops them from washing me out to deep dark places,
He carries me from the shoreline to safety

He sets my feet on solid ground, 
Upon "The Rock"
 I'm lifted high 
I hear Him say
 "You are safe my child"


*Psalm 94:17-19
If the Lord had not been my help,
My soul would soon have
dwelt in the abode of
silence
If I should say, "My foot has
slipped,"
Thy lovingkindness, O LORD,
will hold me up.
When my anxious thoughts
multiply within me,
Thy consolations delight my
soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift