My Yoke


My Yoke

My yoke is easy

My yoke is elaborate

It is not made of just one
wooden bar

Crossing from Me to you

NO

It has another 
connected to the middle
with which to pull a plough

Can you see the cross it forms
It is burden bearing
and 
Strong

When you are connected to
Me
Your load is never heavy

Learn from Me
I am gentle
I am forgiving
My *yoke is easy
My *burden is light

Stay connected
and yoked with me
The cross will do it's work

It will plow 
mix 
and tumble the dirt

Making it
ready to receive
The seeds I have in hand

There is a great harvest coming

I am preparing My bride

So take my yoke 
UPON YOU

Learn of Me
I am gentle
forgiving

I give you
rest
Rest unto your soul

Stay Connected


Blessings, Terry

*Yoke ~ Wooden frame placed on the backs of draft animals to make them pull in tandem. The simple yokes consisted of a bar with two loops either of rope or wood that went around the animals' necks. More elaborate yokes had shafts connected to the middle with which the animals pulled plows or other implements. 
(Taken from pg.1696 of "Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary")

*Burden ~ Is related to "Bear" (carry)

Scripture Refernces: Matthew 11:28-30
For some, these scriptures are so familiar, you 
may not really hear the power and message in
them... may I encourage you to meditate on them?

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly (forgiving) in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. NKJV (Word in parentheses added)

Picture taken from: Wilkimedia Commons ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ploughing_a_paddy_field_with_oxen,_Umaria_district,_MP,_India.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift