The Finished You


The Finished You

 Jeremiah 18:1-4
The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying:"Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words." Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. 


Looking into the mirror I see all the imperfections on my face; the brown spots that have developed over the years, the lines and bumps, and the uneven color of my complexion.

And every morning I go to work at covering up these imperfections with my miracle working "concealer." After a little dab here and a little dab there "voila" they almost disappear.

One morning as I was applying the concealer I heard the Lord speak to my heart saying "It's the blood of Jesus that covers over all your sins and imperfections"
"Quit striving so hard to become... I am forming you into a vessel without blemishes and stains."

Hold sill!

 I'm at work here and every time you squirm out of my hands you fall. Then the process just takes longer, as I repair the marred and bruised clay.  Stop squirming and let me mold you and make you into an amazing vessel, one that is my design. 
Are you ready? 

I will then clothe you ~ I did make the first garments that were ever designed! Remember? They were for Adam and Eve. I clothed them so they would not be afraid in my presence, because of their nakedness. I loved them and I love you. 

I only ask that you stay here in my hands. Just wait 'til you see the finished you...
You're going to love YOU!
I Promise!


Blessings, Terry


Scripture References 
Jeremiah 18:1-4 NKJV (see above)

IPeter 4:8 NKJV
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."

Genesis 3:8-10 NIV
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, "Where are You?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

Genesis 3:21 NIV
The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

Picture Title: "The Finished You"
Taken by: Terry
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift