Sweet Smell



Sweet Smell

I had a dream last night. The characters were me and a foreign couple who were married. Her and I were in a discussion about perfume. I was acutely aware that hers had a different smell than mine. She really liked the way mine smelled, but when I offered it to her and her husband they backed off with hands raised against me replying an emphatic "NO" 

 I was awaken by Russell kissing my cheek and I said to him "Not everyone wants to smell like us," in my heart I could hear the Spirit whispering 
"You have the smell of Christ."

So I have to ask. What does that smell like?
It's the sweet smelling aroma of His love and mercy. Only those who desire to know their creator and believe in Him, will actually put on that sweet smelling perfume. 
It's the scent of heaven that permeates the room whenever we, His daughters enter.

It's the scent that poured out of Mary's alabaster jar, as she lovingly anointed the feet of Jesus.
 His Spirit rides on the wings of the wind. And when breezes blow from heaven, a stirring up begins, and there is motion. Picture the beautiful leaves swirling and dancing on there way down, landing in the creek where they are stirred up some more when caught by the swirling waters.

Such is the sweet aroma of my love blowing gentle breezes into every situation where I'm invited. Stand in the path where it's blowing, allow me to lift you up and set you in motion; and when I lower you back to earth you'll be dancing and twirling. All the cares of this world will fall off; and they will not be able to attach themselves to you as long as you're facing the wind of my spirit.

When you pass by others they will catch the scent, so prepare your heart to speak the oracles of your God. My words have the power to draw the world to me. Don't be discouraged and do not let your heart be troubled when not everyone wants to smell like you. But remember there are many who will.

2Corinthians 2:15 NKJV
For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

Blessings, Terry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Threatening Storm

The Miracle and Gift